Saturday, June 8, 2024

New Clouds

I think these came out much nicer, they are lighter and a little more wispy than the ones I had before. 

I did something a little different this time, before adding the clouds, I spray some high thinner clouds on first before the main clouds went on.  I mixed white paint with some blue and sprayed it in pretty much a straight line at a slight angle to help tone down the blue paint to help make a slight transition from all blue.

This was to simulate higher thinner clouds in the higher atmosphere.  Unfortunately the main clouds did manage to cover it up somewhat. 

This by itself looks good and I may use this technique elsewhere on the layout. 





After that was dry I mixed up more white paint and added a touch of gray and drop of blue for the main clouds.  It only discolored the white slightly so it wasn't so stark and then I grabbed the stencils and started working on the main clouds.

After getting the clouds sprayed I followed up with some light gray and sprayed under some of the clouds to give them a little bit of a shadow.

While they are not exactly what I was hoping for, I think they'll do just fine.

 





Next up, I'll go back and repaint the green tree line.  I have an idea on how to make this tree line look a little closer than I have before so it hopefully blends with the 3D trees.





No comments:

Post a Comment