Last week the light bulb came on about making the foundation around in engine house so I could make it removable after I get the scenery down. Over the last couple of days I've been able to get it weathered and installed and was able to get a base of scenery down around it. It worked like a champ!
Once I got it weathered and glued in place it hit that I needed to get another concrete pad installed before adding more ground cover. I needed to make another pad for the two fuel storage tanks. So I dug out the styrene and got it going. While I was at it I worked on the tanks and a small pump house. I also added a strip 0.015" styrene between the rails as part of the floor and weathered it accordingly.
Here is how the engine house foundation turned out.