With the U33B project wrapped up I had planned to get back to the layout and work on a couple areas. But I just don't seem to have the interest built up enough yet. When I was prepping the U33B's I also laid aside five GP35's so I could them added to the fleet.
So last night I got them stripped down and ready to attack.
After taking the image I got to thinking about the two GP35's that I painted and weathered years ago. I was never really fond of them after what I've been doing with weathering over the last several years and what I've learned. When I dug them out last night and took a long look at them, I decided to strip down two more GP35's and add them to the "To-Do" list, so now I've got 5 new ones and two re-do's on the bench. This will also allow me to correct one mistake that I did to them before I knew what some of the correct details parts were.
One will be the only Rock ISland GP35 to wear the 70's distinctive Red and Yellow livery, the rest will be painted in several different versions of the solid Maroon dip and the Maroon and Yellow schemes.