Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Rock Island U33B #299

Just finished up the second of five U33B's  #299

This one is a Plain Jane unit with just a couple of letters on a few doors.  I'm not sure if this unit was initially fully lettered and the majority of the lettering wore off, or if it started out with no lettering and some doors got replaced with the "Is" intact?

I'm really enjoying playing around with the Pan Pastels for weathering, it's a much easier process and much more forgiving.  For this unit I wanted it faded quite a bit so I started with an off white color I had, but it changed the colors too drastically to the point it looked like a Mauve.  So I did some searching and found a color called Yellow Ochre Tint that resembles a Pastel Yellow.  I did try the straight Yellow Ochre but it had a slight greenish hue to it.


As with the #190, the grills and oil spill is done with black Tamiya Panel Liner.  




2 down, 3 to go...



3 comments:

  1. Allen, looking good!! Hope all is well with you! Coy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coy! Yup can't complain right now, hope things are good you and yours?

      Delete
  2. I really like this. Looks great.
    Jim @ JSSX

    ReplyDelete