Sunday, July 21, 2024

Erosion

I had left a spot of untouched foam on purpose; I wanted to see if I could make part of the foam hill look like it was eroding.

Here's that spot.



This afternoon I cut it back a bit deeper and then added a thick coat of plaster to it.



Then I started carving it a bit while it was still somewhat wet.  After it dried I did a little more carving and chipping.



After it dried, I painted it with a bit darker brown.  I think I'm going to apply a coat of flat Mod Podge to it and blow some brown earth colored grout on it for some texture? 



I'll put down a layer of ground foam and some static grass like I've done elsewhere and bring the static grass right up to the edge where there's a bit of an overhang.  Like Boomer did on his river bank, I'm going to try and find some fibers from leftover SuperTrees and try my hand at making some roots to glue up under the overhang.




No comments:

Post a Comment