Sunday, March 3, 2024

GP7 #1201

The GP7 1201 joined the fleet today.

I applied a few more battle scars to my version since I'm modeling 1979.  The image of the proto that I used was dated 1976, which was three years earlier and the paint was probably two years old.

I used Tru-Color Rock Island Red and Yellow then toned it down with some Pan Pastels so it wasn't as vibrant and sealed it.

I added Sun Shades, Spark arrestors, a typical 5 chime horn, 1mm jewels for the marker lights and Micro Trains 1015 couplers.  A Digitrax DN163A0 was installed and I added a surface mount 804 LED for a brighter front headlight as I have done with the GP35's and the U33B's and the refurbished U25B's in the past.

Weathering was done with Tamiya black panel liner and several colors of Pan Pastels, along with some brown oil paint for the rust marks.  Decals were Micro Scale. 





Here it is sitting next to one of the maroon GP35's for comparison.







No comments:

Post a Comment