Sunday, May 21, 2023

Cupola caboose painting

I've made a little progress on the two cabooses this week.  After getting the holes in the roof plugged and filled I got a coat of TCP light primer shot, followed by the red, then the yellow ends and finally the black roof.  Masking was pretty straight forward on them.

The two little silver stands on both sides of the cupola is what I'm assuming are some sort of vents?  They were made from .040" styrene rods which were heated slightly and flattened.





I still need to paint the handrails white, apply silver around the door windows, you know, the tedious stuff.  I was going to try my hand at drilling out a window on the end to right of each door, but since these are not an exact match for the prototypes, I may just forego this bit of frustration?



 

2 comments: