Another big push Friday night and Saturday Morning!
Friday night we removed all the cabinets that I had added to the old existing cabs years ago. The Microwave cabinet above the stove and two uppers on the opposite wall.
Then we moved the ugly green stove out to the trailer and rolled the refrig to the dining room for the duration.
Saturday morning the rest came out.
First the plumbing, then the countertop and sink then the base cabinets and finally the upper!
Next stop, the landfill!
The original cabinets came out real easy due to the way they were built. The cabinets were built from 1" x 12" Yellow Pine lumber. The base had two boards laying front to back, the upper was made from just one. All the shelves were nailed in place while the cabinets were being built in place on the job site in 1952. Not one drop of glue was used, everything was nailed together using 8d [8 penny] finish nails!
Next step will be to start cleaning, then the electrical, plumbing. So this will probably be the last post until I get the cabinets installed or when I'm completely done...
Jump to A New Kitchen pt 18