Last night Doug came over and he got the last of his chips installed. While he was working on them, I continued cleaning the layout up for hopefully another Op Session.
To date, all the tracks are cleaned except the 8 staging tracks for the through trains. I still need to clean off the boxes and other minimal crap that's sitting on the
workbench layout from small projects and eBay sales.
After reading a thread on N Scale.net about what is a good cleaning fluid to use for cleaning the rails, one poster mentioned No-Ox and another said he nixed No-Ox in favor of using a 4B Graphite stick. I picked up a few off of eBay to give them a try. He said that it helps with the conductivity of the rails so I thought I'd give it a try this time.
I've used a bit of it the other night while screwing around with the S2's. One issue I seen already, and kind of figured on, was it may reduce tractive efforts if too much was applied. In the last video I posted showing the single S2 pulling twelve cars it started to slip. I think was due to the fact I had applied a bit too much, but I took care of it with a quick swipe of a clothe. Last night I went around to specific areas and applied a bit more and then ran some trains to help spread it out. So we'll see how well it works.
As for the troublesome S2, it's fixed and I've ran it to break it in good, so it will used to switch out Malvern this session. Have a sneaking suspicion there may be a fight to see who's gonna pull the Razorback trick, gonna get some popcorn ready!
Other than that, that's about all for now....