Saturday, January 12, 2013

Target - Malvern!


Well Since the Mayan's didn't bring around the end of the world, I thought I might give it a try.

Tonight, with most of my recent weathering projects and experiments finished and out of the way, after almost four years of construction, track work and wiring,  I commenced with the first steps of scenery!  Since Malvern, AR is kind of set off to one side of the layout and it doesn't take up much real estate, I thought it would be a good choice to get started with. 

Step 1.
After clearing out the cars and what building were setting around, I grabbed some old flex track and began by filling in the gaps between ties where the rail joints were made.  A simple project, but what a difference it makes.

Now let me see if I remember what comes next?  
Hmmmmm.....                                                                                          
Aaaah yes!


Step 2.
Fill in the joints between the ceiling tiles with lightweight spackling compound, then sand smooth.

Step 3.
Paint the ceiling tile with a latex brown to seal it up and give some good base color.

Step 4.
Grab the airbrush and spray paint the track with tie brown.  Acrylics of course!

Step 5.
Paint the backdrops.  This one will be new to me as I have never painted a back drop before I guess I'll see if I can find some old Bob Ross videos on YouTube and make some Happy Trees.

Stay tuned...






1 comment:

  1. There's a great Bob Ross digital mash-up that PBS didi late last year that can inspire you!

    ReplyDelete