Friday, January 1, 2021

Color change

Nothing too much exciting, I just got the tracks sprayed with Krylon Camouflage Brown.

I had originally planned to brush the track with a latex version of this color, but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to spray it.  The Krylon covered the old Fleckstone paint that I used for a Faux ballast (when I first built the yard) much easier and in one coat.


Up next, the ballast.  I want to try to make this yard looked well used and non maintained.  Basically I want it to look like the track has sunk into the dirt and overgrown with weeds.  I also want the ties to look dry and sun bleached but don't want to go to the hassle of painting them individually. 

I'm thinking some sort of a wash or highlight after the ballast is done and before I apply the weeds?




  

No comments:

Post a Comment