Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Terrafoaming on the farm

This long holiday weekend gave the time to start working on carving the foam.

I still have a lot of things to do here yet like filling in the cracks and joint with spackling.  Then painting the foam with an earth latex.  But before I start applying the base ground foam, I do want to repaint the backdrop and with another coat of sky blue and redo the clouds while I'm at it.

It's amazing what a little carving has done for the area.

Before





After

The foam at the left end will be shaped to accept a road which will disappear behind the hill.


That open space in the middle will be a railroad supply dump.


The small section of foam behind the track needs to be carved still.


Hopefully there will be a pond when I'm done here.  The large monolith to the right is a mirror, which I hope will give the impression that the tracks continue through the trees.




The small bumps on the right is there to give the landscape some unevenness.  Trees there and on top of the foam will hopefully help hide the pass through hole.


Looks so much better than a lot of flat blocks of foam.



Not sure why I can't change the text color?



No comments:

Post a Comment