Monday, September 4, 2023

Southern clouds

It's been a fairly productive Labor Day '23 in the basement this year.

I got the rails painted, got the backdrop prepped and got the clouds painted behind Dubach, Ruston and Winnfield. 


Dubach


Ruston


Winnfield


Virtually driving around these areas on Google Maps, I've decided to do something a little different on the backdrop.  On the north end of the layout (also the North side of it) we're in Arkansas so I painted some distant hills.  In Louisiana, I have noticed that it is much more flat instead of having hills, it seems like there are a lot of trees that make up the horizon.

So I'm gonna try my hand and painting a tree line after finding some nice videos on YouTube showing a simple three step process.  We'll see if I can bring out my inner Bob Ross for this?



 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your tree line. Your backdrops and scenery always look great! How about a link to the three step tree process?

    ReplyDelete