Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Fordyce bridge assembled

After getting the bents (or pilings) assembled, I got them painted using Vallejo German Camo Black Brown.  It's a little dark but I'll use some lighter weathering powder to lighten them up a bit and add the water marks before installing the bridge.

Once the paint was dry, I took the next step and got them assembled to the stringer.  MEK made quick work of the assembly process!  This is the main reason I chose to build the bridge out of styrene as opposed to wood.

I had to scrape a little bit of paint off of the parts where the joints would be made because I didn't waste time masking them.  After it was assembled, I touched up a few spots... good as new!

Of course, I couldn't wait to see what it would look like, so I grabbed some Micro Engineering bridge flex, cut a chunk longer enough to use and placed on the bridge and then set some locos on it.

As it is right now, the bents are about 1/2" to 5/8" longer than they need to be, so I'll trim them right before I get ready to set it in place.  This is also the area where the bridge will end up at.

No comments:

Post a Comment