Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Helicon Focus software

I've known of this software for several years now and have always wanted to play with it.  Now that I've got some photo worthy stuff on the layout, the narrow depth of field really shows up.  So the other night I ordered the Lite version of it.
Last night a I did a couple quick samples to see how it worked?  I took between 12 and 15 shots of scene with different focal points by tapping on the screen of my iPhone then ran them all through the software.  The first two are some of the raw photos, the third is the completed shot which I then touched up with a simple editing software to clean them up.







I think it took less than 10 seconds for the software to do it's magic?  Pretty simple to use to.  This will make my pictures a little more enjoyable to look at.

Here's their homepage:  




4 comments:

  1. Very nice demo Allen! The scenes are looking great, even under this Helicon scrutiny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for following along Gary!

      Delete
  2. Very nice results with HF, Allen. I've been using another image stacking product (Zerene Stacker) for photos on my blog. The results are well worth the effort, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished I hadn't waited so long to get it! Now that I have something worth photographing, it's worth the price and results!

      Delete