Friday, May 27, 2016

A New Kitchen part 13


Well almost 4 months later and I'm finally ready to get back to the cabinets.
I left off the progress after I most of the most of the components ready.  The next step was to get the cabinet boxes cutout and built.

This afternoon I finally found some router time!  Within 2 hours I had all the parts cut out and ready to assemble for the 8 cabinet boxes I need to build.  Damn!  The time saved and the accuracy of CNC routers is incredible, doing this by hand on the table saw would have taken a day or more to get the same results.  

The material list called for 7 sheets of 3/4" C3 Maple plywood, 2 sheets of 3/4" Ash plywood and four sheets of 1/4" Birch plywood for the backs.







After the router was done I ended up with this cart of parts and a few parts stacked up waiting for assembly.






With the 3 day holiday weekend I'm hoping to have all eight cabinets assembled, sanded and ready for stain bu Monday night.  If things go real good I'm gonna try like hell to get the boxes stained and finished as well.

Jump to A New Kitchen pt 14




No comments:

Post a Comment