Clouds were the first thing on the agenda for the backdrop behind Biddle yard.
These were made with an airbrush and stencils, pretty much as I had done on the rest of the layout. Except this time, I used my new Paasche double-action brush. Instead of using the cheap craft paint as I've done previously, I tried something different. After using Tamiya paint on the new tracks at DuBach and liking how it sprayed, I decided to try Tamiya for the clouds. I have to say, it was easy to use, easy to clean up, and had hardly any smell.
Here is what I've been looking for the past several years.
Here are the backdrops sat back into place with the clouds.
I have not painted any clouds on the small angled portion of the backdrop for now as I plan to hang a diagram of the yard on that one. However, I suppose I could just keep the clouds a bit lower?
The next stage will be printing the buildings and applying them to the backdrop. But first, I'm going to play around with resizing them so they look proportional to the scene. If I recall correctly, they should be printed around 20% to 30% smaller to give a slight appearance of distance?





No comments:
Post a Comment