Monday, September 30, 2024

Roadwork in Ruston

I've been working in Ruston a bit more trying to finish up the highway crossing.  I have the Showcase Miniatures Model 10 grade crossing signals pretty much built.  I decided to raise them up so that they are level with the road, I did this by gluing down some cork. 

I also picked up some of their Breakaway Bases.  I still need to create the holes to insert the lower sections of the bases into.

After doing that I decided that the depot would also benefit by being level with the track.  Thinking more about it, I thought it might also be a good idea to glue down a much larger piece of cork so that the road coming off the highway and the parking lot would all match up better with the highway and depot.

So I dug out a section of cork and got it trimmed to fit the area and got it glued.  I think this will also allow me to easier define the road and parking lot around the depot and make the area level in front of the spur where the hoppers will be spotted to unload.








No comments:

Post a Comment