Sunday, December 31, 2023

The Barn's roof

One thing I wanted to do to this barn was give it corrugated metal roof.  

I found some online from a company that showed some, but was unsure of the actual size as they just said it for "HO & N".  So I took a chance and I got lucky.  Looks close enough for me.

I glued roof to the barn with the roof supplied by Showcase Miniatures so I had a good solid base to work on and to help keep the kit structurally sound.

I started by cutting the material into roughly 3' x 10' strips.  It's pretty heavy foil and it doesn't seem to flatter out like typical foil would.

So I got started, piece by piece....



Once I get it all glued on, painted and weathered, I'll come back and beat it up a bit and bend up some of the edges for an aged, wind blown looked.




2 comments:

  1. That looks great Allen. Seems like the stuff I bought years ago and have had great results from. It will look even better when painted and weathered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you good sir. It doesn't have the typical wave to it that most corrugated sheets have, but I think it'll pass as well. Yup, once painted weathered, it should look just fine.

      Delete