Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Farmhouse weathering

After getting the house looking like it's falling apart, I finally found some time to get back to it.

The first thing I did was to get a couple of holes in the roof and add some roof joists.  Then I used two shades of gray Vallejo to simulate the aged wood that will be showing through when I start chipping the final paint coat.  For the roof, I brushed on some Vallejo Tire Black.




Once that was done, I sprayed a couple of coats of AK Heavy Chipping Fluid on the entire model and I let it dry completely before I sprayed a final coat of Vallejo Off White for the house and some Vallejo Light Gray for the shingles. 




The shingles look a little light, but by the time I add some darker wash and rub some of the Light Gray off, it should darken down a bit.

I'll let it dry before attacking it with a brush and toothpick to get the chipped look for the paint and weather worn shingles.





No comments:

Post a Comment