Saturday, November 28, 2020

The new yard takes shape

95% of the track for the new yard has been laid down.  That leaves the engine/caboose tracks and I still need to connect the rear inner staging track, but I'm holding off on those for now.  

I ran out of joiners but more are on the way and since I've used PECO large turnouts, they've pushed the industrial lead a little further down the yard than I had previously planned.  So I'm playing with a couple of ideas as to where it will be placed now.

One thought was to have the lead come off just before engine/caboose tracks or actually have it come off of the rear staging tracks?




I chose to stick with 1-1/2" spacing again.  I'll still be staging by hand plus I had plenty of room.
Left to Right: SB & NB staging, Run Through track, Car Storage tracks and Consist storage track.



No comments:

Post a Comment