Monday, June 19, 2017

Gavilon Fertilizer LLC. takes shape.

After getting the basic trackwork laid out, I needed to figure out where to install the two sidings.  So this past weekend I started working on the two tank car loading platforms, then got started making some mockups of the hopper unloading shed and storage bins.

Here's an overall view of the area.




I made a few blocks of wood for the hopper unloading station and elevator along with four 1" PVC tubes for the storage bins.  The shorter block will also have a corrugated lean-to shed to keep the material dry while unloading it.  But I'm still debating what I'll do for the actual elevator?








I really like the Tomix kits even though most of the time their details are a little oversized.  But it's nothing a little Evergreen sheet stock can't take care of.  I made the new roof panels a bit larger and added a second section that overhung the tracks a bit further.




Their railing are also a bit oversized so I snipped off the top railing which helped the appearance.




On the back side of the platform they give you a support for piping which lined up over the top of the railing, so I cut a section out to make it line up under the platform.




I got them painted and temporarily set them in place along with one of the spherical tanks to get a feeling of space needed and location of the siding.




Where the yellow squares of paper are I plan to use the Pikestuff  Milton A. Corp kit.  I bought this originally to use for the Crushmoore Co. building in Malvern, but it turned out to be too small for what I wanted.  Hopefully it'll be a better fit here?









2 comments:

  1. Talk about possibilities! You have so many options to sort through!

    ReplyDelete